Date: Saturday, July 13, 2019
Visit https://racehubhq.com/races/ThePeak2019. Discounts are available to members of established running clubs and active members of the military and their immediate families. Please contact Race Director for applicable discount codes.
For the 2019 event, a runner who drops out and advises Race Director of such by May 31, 2019 will be entitled to a full refund of the entry fee. No refunds or roll-overs past that date.
- 50K and Marathon races begin at 6:00 a.m. For the marathoners, there is a 4 hour cut-off (10:00 a.m.) at Green Valley Aid Station and 8.5 hours to finish the entire route (2:30 p.m.). Marathon runners not at Cuyamaca Peak Aid Station by Noon will be pulled from the course. For the 50K, there is a 5.5 hour cut-off at the second Green Valley Aid Station stop (Green Valley II -- 11:30 a.m.) and 10 hours to finish the course (4 p.m.). 50K runners not at Cuyamaca Peak Aid Station by 1:30 p.m. will be pulled from the course. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Half Marathon race begins at 7 a.m. There is a 4.5 hour time limit to finish.
- 50K and marathoners park at the Old Boys Scouts Camp parking area. Entrance is just south of Milk Ranch Road. We ask that you carpool if at all possible, as parking is limited. We strongly recommend you arrive early.
- Once the Old Boy Scouts Camp parking area has been filled, Half marathoners and any other remaining runners will be directed to park at Lake Cuyamaca. Park in the south lot, then walk to starting area (about a half mile). Please allot sufficient time to do this and be careful with traffic along Route 79. We encourage you to carpool!!!
Water and Tailwind will be available at both aid stations. However, due to the nature of the course and the time of year, all runners must carry at least 40 ounces of hydration with them. It is entirely likely that temperatures will reach into the 90’s and the course will take you into remote areas of the park where aid will be difficult to access.
There is no crew access at Cuyamaca Peak. Crew, family, and friends may see their runner at Sweetwater Aid Station. Pacers are not permitted.
All entrants will receive a tech t-shirt. All finishers will receive a medal. Top 3 male and female winners will receive awards. You may pick up your bib and t-shirt at the start the morning of the race. All runners MUST check-in at the start.
Nearest hotel accommodations are in Julian, about 8-10 miles drive: http://www.visitjulian.com/lodging/hotels-inns/ Cuyamaca Rancho State Park offers camping at Paso Picacho Campground (about a mile from the start) and Green Valley.
- From San Diego: I-8 East. Exit40: Highway 79/Descanso. Turn left off exit. Proceed approximately three miles, then left onto Highway 79/Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. Drive XX miles past Green Valley Campground, Park Headquarters, and Paso Picacho Campground. Entrance to Old Boy Scouts Camp is on left, just off Milk Ranch Fire Road. Lake Cuyamaca is on the right, shortly after sharp turn north on Highway 79.
- From North County: Highway 78 through Julian. Turn right onto Highway 79 towards Cuyamaca. Proceed approximately 8 miles. Lake will be on the left, then entrance to Milk Ranch Road and Old Boy Scouts Camp about a half mile south of the lake.